Sometimes I think I have a Problem.

Honestly, though. I have some strange book-loving obsessions that I can't let go of; plus I keep buying more and more books in order to feed my strong addiction. It SO doesn't help when we have an Agenda Bookshop right by the entrance at school, and a stipend. Do you KNOW how many books I have? I don't know if this is normal or not, but here's a list of all the books I've got, the ones I've read have a * to mark it.

  • Sovay*
  • Dracula
  • Veronika Decides to Die*
  • Twilight*
  • New Moon*
  • Eclipse*
  • Breaking Dawn*
  • All the Harry Potter books*
  • The Handmaid's Tale*
  • The Time Machine*
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • Persuasion
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • The Devil and Miss Prym
  • Marked - House of Night Series
  • Of Mice and Men*
  • Some book with facts about Opus Dei
  • Frankenstein
  • Sexing the Cherry (??) got this free
  • Angelo's Eyes
  • Ramon u Z-Zerbinotti
  • The Last Don

As you can see, I have some catching up to do. My mother has officially banned me from buying any more books until i clear a few more :O But I'll get around that.

By the way - books are way more worth it money-wise if you buy them online. The prices are so much better... I bought Breaking Dawn from Agenda for around 17 euro , paperback; on Amazon.com you can have a Hardback for $16... so around 11 euro. Marked from the house of night series by PC and Kirstin Cast was around 10 euro, but on amazon i found one for 5 euro. Come on. Needless to say I was a little ticked off at how they mark up prices here. Ugh. That reminds me of what happened when I want to buy Breaking Dawn hardback:

*Kelly walks into shop*

Kelly: Excuse me, do you have Breaking Dawn but a hardback version?

Salesperson: No ta', for that you have to place an order.

Kelly: Ok Thank you. *inside my head* ARE YOU SERIOUS?! WHY? ITS A SIMPLE REQUEST!! ALL THESE BOOKS AND NOT ONE HARDBACK OF THIS?! ORDER? WHAT? I FINISH ECLIPSE TODAY!! I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG! *breaks down in flood of tears*

Well... I bought the paperback. It matches all the other paper back books from the Twilight Saga. So I was even more p.o'd when I found a hardback set for €50. Ugh.

Aaaaanywhooo...Next thing I intend to buy (ONLINE) is "Prom Nights From Hell" which has stories from a few different authors, including Stephenie Meyer. Then I need to look into this set of books I heard of called " The Vampire Diaries." No idea who wrote that. Oh yeah, here are books I *want* to buy(online)

  • Life Of Pi
  • The Godfather
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • The Invisible Man
  • The War of the Worlds
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
  • The Scarlet Letter
  • Sense and Sensibilty
  • The French Lieutenant's Woman
  • The Grapes of Wrath
  • Dr. Jekyll
  • The Alchemist
  • The Vampire Diaries
  • Prom Nights from Hell
  • Heart Shaped Box

I'm going to go make some hot chocolate now... so I'll sign off and leave you with my strange Book Rules:

  1. I can't lend my favourite books to ANYONE.
  2. Do not open the book further than 90 degrees.
  3. No folding the corner of the page to keep your place. Use a bookmark.
  4. No leaving the book open face down to hold the page O_o you'll damage the spine.
  5. Clean hands O_o

Buh Bye

Kelly xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment