Pretentious.

Hello Blog :D
I'm typing this up in my 5 hours free between lectures. I honestly do love my course at University, but seeing as there's two sides to everything, there IS a drawback. This could come in the form of too much homework, sub-standard notes, or teachers not showing up - but this is not the case. I find myself increasingly irritated by the sheer number of people who pretend themselves to be so much more well-read then the rest of us lowly English students. I know for a fact, for instance, that Mr. Maupassant [one of the greatest French writers to ever walk the earth] knew what he was doing, and was not being silly as suggested by a pretentious young man in my class recently. I'm all for questioning the text for critical purposes, but really now, MUST you make such a fuss of it with your gargantuan words in order to appear intelligent?(see what I did there?)

I'm not in this course to strut around proclaiming what I have and haven't read to the masses, nor am I in it to put forward improbable theories or state the obvious in hope of praise (on the contrary, this generally makes people look even more moronic).
I'd much rather say little and know more. I suppose the phrase "empty vessels make most sound" would best describes my feelings about the matter.

----------------

In other news, here's a poem about Autumn.

As I walk out into the early-morning sun
The season's sounds reach my ears.
I crunch my way over a blanket of leaves,
Kicking them up into a whirl of burgundy;
Watching them flutter back down to earth.
A soft wind whispers through the trees
Shrugging off a few remaining leaves.
Autumn – the beginning of nature's rebirth.

:)

Peace out
Kelly.

2 comments:

V said...

AHHHH MUCHOS IMHABBAGE TO BLOG, WIFE! <3

Peace and Love,
Torii xo

V said...

*to the blog

Post a Comment