Totally Random, and Twilight

It's Friday night and I will DEFINITELY be dedicating the evening to myself. Must fight the overwhelming urge to feel guilty about said decision. So what do I do when I'm not studying or at work? Apparently, I watch Freaky Friday and read Vampire Academy. Oh yeah - about the vampire novel - it's a guilty pleasure. I got the first books because there was a Buy-one-Get-one free offer at Waterstones in Scotland. It's really not bad - definitely TRUCKLOADS better than the Twilight "saga". I'm not going to deny reading Twilight, because I read them all like they were literary crack. In hindsight, they were lacking in a number of aspects normally associated with 'good' novels. First of all, she falls in love with him (irrevocably!) after a few intense stare-downs. Also, Bella Swan? NOT A REAL TEENAGER. I just read Wuthering Heights myself, and it is mentally impossible to read again and again..and again, as she claims to have done. The better part of chapter one consists of Bella NOT giving us a valid reason as to why she's moving to somewhere she "detests", and continues with Bella complaining about every possible part of her day. Chapter two - more of her complaining about how CRAP her day was, because she hated school and Edward wasn't at school. Stephanie Meyer has very lame ways of describing things (see following two examples):
- brown hair= BRONZE hair
- the air was full of swirling bits of white....= SNOW. I'm so serious. What was she trying to do? Give snow a mysterious entrance? Surprise surprise, she hates snow.
- she says that Dr. Cullen is..."handsomer" than any man blahblahblah...
...really?
Fast fowarding a little...
Was it totally necessary to drag the story out into four books, each on being longer than that last? NO IT WAS NOT.
You know what, I'm too irritated at Meyer to carry on :S
GOOD NIGHT

0 comments:

Post a Comment