I n s p i r e

Hello again blog. These posts are becoming more frequent - probably because on my days off I have nothing better to do than type things onto here. Anyway, I'll use this because I'm pretty sure everyone around me is getting sick of hearing me say 'camera' this and 'photography' that these days XD I'm really obsessed with the art of photography at the moment. I hope I -stay- this obsessed. I'm doing everything I can to teach myself things so I can dive right into things when I lay my hands on ZsaZsa [the new fuji camera in england, not a person XD].

Since I can't take any photos right now I've basically been browsing the internet looking for images that can
1. give me a vibe for a particular shoot
2. use as a guideline for my friends when I photograph them.
I mean it's really awkward getting in front of the camera for an actual shoot - the first few shots are always going to be full of tension until the model loosens up. Examples will help. Right now I am LOVING Lillian Bassman as a photographer (even though she's ancient!) and I'm also looking at some old shots of classy ladies like Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor, Ava Gardner and Audrey Hepburn, as well as the wild Janice Dickinson and ANTM girls like Yoanna , Shandi , Mercedes and Adrianne. I really wanted to see the photos Tyra had taken of the girls in one of the recent cycles where they were all scary with the creepy contact lenses. Haven't found those yet :\
Gaaaaah I still don't know how I'm ever going to be able to set up an indoor shoot. I need to make a soft box, and I'll need some sort of single-colour background. And I need a tripod. I'll have to make do with the sun for now, I guess.

England! Not long now.
Gotta buy more books.

Peace out.

I leave you with photography by Lillian Bassman :] I like it. It has inspired me XD Inspiration. I HAS IT!



0 comments:

Post a Comment