In the middle of a thunderstorm.

I write this while sitting in my living room, with the television off and the glorious sounds of a thunderstorm-symphony replacing my usual play list. Every so often I stop and listen, anticipating the roaring thunderclap one expects to hear after catching a flash of lightning through the window. It just happened again right now. Personally, the perfect weather would consist of warm (not HOT) days with dark and stormy nights such as these. Seems like a happy balance to me.

Well in other news, I'm about half way through Pride and Prejudice and am thoroughly enjoying University thus far - except, of course, for that time when I walked all the way up only to discover that my only lectures for the day had been cancelled.Oh well.

Since I find blogging so therapeutic, I'll continue by talking about my BA English course a little. My favourite credits so far have to be 19th Century Fiction, Romanticism & Genre:Prose - partly because I find them most interesting, and partly because the lecturers are awesome to say the least. My Romanticism lecturer has this very old school English accent (*well, he DID study at Oxford university XD*) that makes whatever he says just so much more convincing! XD On top of that, he can memorise quotes like nothing I've ever seen before. I need to be able to do that. Somehow. Speaking of Romanticism, we're doing William Blake right now. I love Blake - in fact, the first poem I really read was The Tyger. I was very young (11 years old?) and I'd read the poem in this book called Puffin treasury classics or something. It was such a pretty book <3 Anyway, here's a quick outline of my "To-Read" list:
- Pride and Prejudice
- Jane Eyre
- Wurthering Heights
- Middle March
- Jude the Obscure
- Great Expectations
- Paradise Lost
- Blake's Poems
- Tamburlaine the Great
- The Jew of Malta
- Dr Faustus
- Our Mutual Friend
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- and more to come.
Those are just the ones I've got to read for my course. In my free time (if such a thing is to exist any longer with regards to reading) I'd like to finish:
- The French Lieutenant's Woman
- Vampire Academy: Frostbite (in desperate needs of some light reading.)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray
- The Great Gatsby

Wow. That's a LOT of reading to do. :O
Good thing reading is a major hobby of mine :D

That's important. Hobbies are important. Without a mentally fulfilling pastime, we are reduced to bored beings destined to browse the internet and make what we can of uninteresting, unimportant observations. A man/woman could go mad without a hobby.

I'm off to continue reading
Peace out.
K.

0 comments:

Post a Comment